A few weeks ago, I was walking my dog and a stranger on the street said to me, “Amazing eyes!”
“She’s a border collie mix,” I replied automatically.
“What? Oh.” He was confused.
“Oh! Thanks?” So was I.
And this is why:
Things Male Strangers Have Said To My Dog That Have Never Been Said To Me
- “You are so beautiful.”
- “Your little feet are so - look at the little spotted feet!”
- “Lovely. You are lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely.”
- “Look at the beautiful color of your ears, oh yes.”
- “You are just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.”
- “I love your fluffy head.”
- “Beauty. A great big beauty, that’s what you are.”
And my personal favorite:
- “She’s very charismatic!”
So, if you’re looking for me over the next few weeks, you will find me observing my dog under the coffee table, learning the secrets of charisma. Meanwhile, thanks, Slightly Creepy But I Think Well-Meaning Sidewalk Commenter, for the compliment!